1) DIY Soil Test Kits – so simple: Do It Yourself Soil Test Kits are easy to use and the results are even easier to understand. Imagine having your own personal laboratory helping you take care of your property. These kits give you that power. They really are science made simple.
2) Soil Testing saves money: Guessing what the turf needs can be very costly. The lab tells you what the turf needs. Instead of overspending on fertilizers and pesticides, you will know exactly what products to use and how much of them to use.
3) Soil Testing is an effective way to control weeds, insects and disease without using pesticides: Many of these pests are the result of nutrient imbalances or other problems in the soil. Soil testing is the only way to identify and correct these problems. Why not prevent the pests before they get started?
4) The kits are inexpensive: Convenient Retail soil test kits are actually cheaper than getting a soil test done at a commercial lab. These kits are a small investment in a successful lawn care program.
5) You can track your progress: Performing a soil test every two years will allow you to see how you’re improving the soil beneath your turf. Watch as pH levels and nutrients are slowly optimized for turf growth.
6) Growing a healthy lawn shouldn’t be a struggle: Tired of fighting with a thinning lawn or constant trouble spots? A soil test will identify the problem and better yet, provide you with the solution.
7) Not all soil is created equal: The soil beneath your lawn may be quite different from the soil beneath your neighbour’s. The soil under any turf can be affected by many things such as the types of trees present, the geological properties of the area, site development, etc. Ever wondered what type of soil you have?
8) You’re tired of the endless product pitches and promises: Tired of trying product, after product only to watch your lawn deteriorate? The results from a soil test are from an independent, accredited laboratory. To maintain their accreditation, their recommendations are scientifically based on what your turf needs determined from the soil sample that you provide. You and the lab. Simple.
9) You don’t have time to waste: Everyone has a lot on their plate these days. Who has the time to shop around? Soil tests ensure that you only buy and apply the products your turf really needs.
10) You want thick and healthy turf: A soil test kit makes this goal easier to attain. A proper fertility program will help to thicken the turf, improve its colour and help it resist pests. Make soil testing your key to success.
View a Sample Soil Test
Follow these links to learn more about:
How to collect a soil sample: Using a sterile knife or other sharp instrument, cut out plugs of soil 1″ wide x 2–4″ deep. Take soil from 4 areas of your lawn. Remove any grass or debris, then mix these individual samples thoroughly in a clean pail or basket, breaking up any lumps as you mix. Fill a new ziploc bag with the blended soil. Submit the sample for testing. Test results are generally returned within 7-10 business days.
Credit with appreciation to Turf Revolution for the content re-created above.
Kawartha Capital offers retail Soil Test kits from Turf Revolution and offers all of the products that may be reccomended by a completed soil test. Stop in to the store for a soil test kit today and see the line up of products available. We’ve got your all your landscape needs covered!